Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Lessons learned for Unit 4

What a good mix of learning and fun this week. In chapter two of Absorb activities, Horton talks about absorb activities and why they are used. What I learned in this chapter is that storytelling is a great connection with learning and creativity. Storytelling gives me a better picture based on my past experiences. It also takes me out of myself and into the story being told. Also, having a student open up and tell a story is really a great benefit to all involved.
What makes me rock. I tend to be a quiet person but I have certain triggers that fire me up. I shared that during my military days, I listened to Metallica during pre-jump preparation to fire me up. I'm a person who normally listens to the likes of Keller Williams, Jack Jackson, and the Dave Matthews Band. So you mix Metallica and jumping from several thousand feet and you have a party!!

2 comments:

PRL said...

I am a huge fan of storytelling. I recently wrote a article that might give you some resources on looking into it more:
http://jolt.merlot.org/vol4no3/lowenthal_0908.pdf
Patrick

Blogged said...

Thanks for the feedback and link. I forgot you can leave comments on my blog!!!